Coreposition Recruits Directors of Finance for Orange County Businesses
Our Orange County financial and accounting recruiting firm specializes in the placement of Director of Finance Professionals. A typical Director of Finance is responsible for providing overall strategic leadership for the organization by working with the Executive Management Team to evaluate current fiscal function and performance and to establish and execute long-range financial goals, strategies, plans and policies to continually improve the financial operations of the business.
The percentage of time spent performing primary functions is 90%. Qualified individuals must have the ability – – with or without reasonable accommodation – – to perform the following duties:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develops credibility for the finance department by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and Sr. VP Physician Services in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhances, develops, implements and enforces policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve overall operations and organizational effectiveness.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets; Reviews cost and implements alternative cost cutting measures at every level.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Serves as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS – JOB DUTIES: The percentage of time spent performing secondary functions is 10%. The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Ensures that all accounting transactions are made in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles so as to eliminate adjustments by independent third party auditors.
- Plans, monitors, evaluates and takes corrective action on all finance department expenses. Coordinates the departmental annual budget preparation process.
- Ensures that data relevant to the Cost Accounting process is updated periodically so that output from system has integrity and is useful to management.
- Ensures that all Federal and State cost reports and any tax returns are filed in a timely fashion in order to avoid any penalty or interest.
- Prepares quarterly summaries of all cash and investments. Performs any other analysis on investments as directed by superiors.
- Seeks to maximize efficiency of departments by prompting the development of systems that can be used to replace manual work